New Orleans Spring To Do List
New Orleans is full of fun and interesting places, particularly in the spring and summer. After having spent four years here I have compiled a list of spring and summer to-do’s in the city.
- Hansen’s Sno Balls – This spot has been open for years and has always been run by the Hansen family. Although there are many places to grab a sno ball during the warmer months, this is arguably the best. Tip: make sure to add condensed milk on top of your flavor of choice.
- City Park – The tulips begin to bloom is early March and are a great place to sit, relax, and read a book. Rent a kayak or paddle boat to go for a trip on the lake or stop by NOMA to check out some great art.
- Jazz Fest – April brings this fantastic music festival spread over two weekends. Headliners this year include the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam.
- French Quarter Fest – Spring and summer are packed with festivals and this is one of my favorites.
- Wednesdays at the Square – The Youth Leadership Council of New Orleans hosts this fun food, drink, and music event every week in Lafayette Square.
These are only a few of the events New Orleans has to offer in the spring but hopefully will spark some inspiration to get out and explore the city!