Current Openings: VISTA Leader Wanted!
We need a VISTA Leader!!!!
We are currently recruiting for a VISTA Leader that is capable of the following:
- Being an Ambassador for the Tulane VISTA program and for national service at large.
- Acting as a Facilitator and Educator during regular team meetings and check-ins.
- Serving as a Mentor in support of individual VISTA member growth and development.
- Being a Liaison between Tulane CPS, Community Partners and VISTA members.
- Acting as a Recruiter to help find new potential VISTA’s for your project.
- Working as a Resource Generator to provide useful tips, ideas, and opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of Tulane VISTA members.
In order to be eligible to apply you must fit all criteria below:
- Have served a full year term as an AmeriCorps VISTA.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident,
- Be team-oriented, and be willing to take on a wide range of challenges.
- Must have a college degree
- You must have self-initiative, flexibility and organizational skills.
- You must be available to serve full-time for one year.
To learn more about the VISTA program at Tulane read below:
What does it mean to be an Tulane VISTA? Below you will find a description of this unique program housed out of the Center for Public Service at Tulane University.
Tulane CPS VISTA Program
Community partners work with Tulane University’s Center for Public Service and host an AmeriCorps VISTA member for 2-3 years in an effort to build that organization’s capacity to work with public service students from Tulane. The VISTA members also work on additional development projects with students as specified by the partner organizations and Tulane during their term of service.
Also Check out our Prezi that explains in detail our program:
Thank you again for being interested in our AmeriCorps VISTA Program here at Tulane University. Please stay in touch by following us on:
For more information on AmeriCoprps VISTA visit the AmeriCorps.gov site.
You can also visit our homepage to view the latest Field Reports submitted by AmeriCorps VISTA Members serving in the Tulane University program, University of Minnesota, and Virginia Tech. You can also follow the team through your personal social networks. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and view videos on our YouTube channel.